Milly's Anti-Aging Tip: Retinols

So yesterday I went to play the Mega Millions lottery. Don't look at me that way! It's over 350 million dollars! You should play too, and if you win, don't forget about your old girl Milly :-)

$21.49 www.cvs.com

Anyway, I was coming from the gym, my hair was up, and I had no makeup on. Do you know the guy at the counter wanted to see my ID? He said I could be over 18 but he wasn't sure. That made my day, forget my day, that made my week! I haven't been 18 in years. (Although I feel 21!) The fact is growing up, and spending my summers in the hot Dominican Republic sun and constantly getting sunburned, never using sunscreen, I think by now, I should have massive wrinkles, and look like I’m 75.  But I don’t, (that’s why I tell you girls to start anti-aging young).  Now that I'm a certain age, I've started to add retinols into my anti-aging routine.  What are retinols, you ask? They are a derivative of vitamin A and do some amazing things to the skin, like help increase collagen production, help with hyperpigmentation (you girls know I suffer from those) help with acne, and accelerate skin turn over rate. Now there’s also retinoids (they can only be prescribed by a Doctor). Tretinoin which is a retinoid is actually approved by the FDA to treat wrinkles, but I’m all for retinols which are over the counter.  What I notice after using this for months, is that my skin looks a lot brighter and my hyperpigmentation goes away so quicly. I'm blessed not to have wrinkles just yet. The first time you use a retinol, your  skin may peel (don’t worry about it, it’s natural). It's best to use retinols at night too. Now here’s the skinny to my pregnant readers, don’t use any of these because they have been known to cause birth defects. But, you un-preggo girls can get your groove on with these.  Check out some retinols that you can get over the counter.

21.99 www.cvs.com
FYI this week at CVS spend $20.00 on Nuance products and you get $10.00 Extra bucks woohoo!

$22.99 www.cvs.com

Do you use retinoids/retinol?

Which one do you like?

Hugs,

Milly

16 comments:

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

You better believe I am in for a chance at that Megamillions jackpot lol!!

I have only recently started with retinol, so I have no idea how it is working for me. It has only been about 2 weeks. I don't have any wrinkles yet, but I am 34 and think now is the time for more than just sunscreen. I have been using ROC for retinol.

gg said...

hmmm i might try the capsules for my acne. thanks DE

nyccurls said...

Hi Milly,
I LOVE retinols! I used to use the Neutrogena brand but I recently went to a dermatologist for my acne and he put me on retin a micro which has transformed my skin! I will definately continue to incorporate retinols in my skin regimen! What do you use to combat the peeling?

beautylogicblog said...

@leticia yay! Now don't forget about me if you win. lol, yes girl retinols and sunscree will make us look 21 forever. lol

beautylogicblog said...

@gg let me know how you like them hon. Hugs,

beautylogicblog said...

@nyccurls did you see a differece when you used the over the counter stuff too? Or does the prescription strength work better for you? Let me know, hugs,

beautylogicblog said...

@nyccurls oops just realized I forgot to answer your question. Lately, I've been using a very strong moisturizer by Nude. Review up soon, but even then, my skin still peels. It's ok though because it only lasted the first few weeks then stopped.

Ronnique said...

I'm 30! Don't look it and want to keep it that way! Adding this to my Beauty Logic list of things to get! If I keep playing with Milly I'm gonna be flawless! ;-)

Queen

BonafideLatina~ said...

I tried a Roc night cream a while ago but then I switched up to something else.

I'll try to add this into the routine though....thx for the tip on the mega...may need to stop a the bodega before going home :)

*hugs*

Nadege said...

I've never tried Retinols (on purpose). Do you think this is a good one to start with? Or should I go for ones that aren't over the counter? I don't get that much acne, but I also use chemical peels.

beautylogicblog said...

@bonafidelatina No one won last night. It's now $460 million. Wooh,

beautylogicblog said...

@nadege I would start with the over the counter stuff first to get your skin used to it. You may find that this is all you need, but if you do want to go up to retinoids, then at least you've already exposed your skin to the less stronger retinols

beautylogicblog said...

@ronnique thanks hon. I'm sure you'are already flawless.

Unknown said...

Hi Milly, I love your blog! I was wondering, do you use both AHA and Retinols or did you stop using AHA? I'm trying to get rid of some hyperpigmentation, but I didn't want to over do it since both help with cell turnover. Thanks!

beautylogicblog said...

@ariel I've recently stopped using ahas. I find that I like retinols better.

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Oh snap you're Dominican! No wonder you're super hot!!;D I use RoC Night Time Treatment. It's perfect for us darker girls, it keeps dark spots at bay and didn't lighten my skin. Besos!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...