Congrats Monique You deserve it! But let's talk Open Marriage.



Was I the only one overjoyed when Monique won her Oscar? I've loved her since Soulplane! (Don't judge me for thinking that movie is hilarious) And in every interview she's been in, she truly seems like a beautiful human being. Her performance in Precious was beyond amazing, and she definitely deserved that win! But something kind of saddens me about Monique and I wanted to write about it. The fact is everyone is saying "why are we judging her." I judge no one. I'm not God nor even close. But she released  information to the public, and just like anything, that information will now be open to scrutiny and opinion.  The information I'm talking about is her allowing her husband to stray outside the marriage as long as he's "honest" about it. She says "Cheating is when you lie and are deceitful not when you have sex outside of the marriage." Monique says that her husband having sex outside of her marriage is not a deal breaker.  Wow, There are so many things I have to say about this situation. But I'll keep quiet. I'll direct you to a post I did about a year ago when a girlfriend of mine tried to rationalize this situation to me as well. And I'll say to  all you women (especially my readers,  you know DE adores and cares deeply for you). Before you love anyone, you must love yourself first. If you don't love yourself, then anything will seem acceptable. People will only treat you, the way you allow them to.


This post basically summarizes what I thought of the whole situation. You can Read it here. 


What are your thoughts on this situation?


Do you believe in Open marriage?


Hugs,


De

4 comments:

Nikkia Chanel said...

Yes, I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking that her "Open" marriage is interesting to say the least. I loved her acceptance speech up until she started talking about him. I guess knowing she allows him to be openly sexual with other women bothers me. But anywho I'm so against "open" relastionships/marriages.

Anonymous said...

I am definitely against open marriage. What is the point of getting married if you are only going to cheat? Marriage is between two people and God and when you violate that, it sort of taints your relationship. This is something that I really dont understand.

BonafideLatina~ said...

If baffled me. She first mentioned the open marriage thing a while ago on a magazine interview but it has resurfaced again when she did the B. Walters interview.

Although everyone should do what they want with their life it just doesn't make sense to me to have an open marriage. I don't really call that a commitment whether she knows about it or not its just confusing.

Leilani said...

I can not comprehend how that open marriage think could work, it seems so very disrespectful to yourself and your partner. I bet Monique is not in an open marriage, only her "husband"!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...