LE'TS TALK "LOOKING YOUNG"

Photobucket

I take my anti-aging routine very seriously. The truth is I”ve been anti-aging since before I hit 20. Prevention is key! A few weeks back I went to get a skin analysis, and the esthetician could not believe how old I was and that I had no signs of aging under my eye area. I wanted to tell her “Hispanic Skin Doesn’t Panic.” (I was trying to copy the “Black Doesn’t Crack” line, but mine didn’t sound as catchy so I just kept my mouth shut.) A girlfriend of mine who was with me that day, got her skin analyzed as well and she is three years younger than I am.  She was mortified when the esthetician told her that she  already had visible signs of aging on her forehead and under-eye area. She ran to Sephora afterward to pick up some anti-aging creams. The problem with that though is that you should never start anti-aging after your skin has aged. It should be done beforehand so you don’t give your skin the chance to even think about getting wrinkles. Anyway, because I’ve been super careful with my ingredients lately, a lot of my old under eye creams have ended up in  the garbage can. 

 Photobucket

Lately I’ve been using one by  Ole Henriksen’s  called Visual Truth Eye Cream. I’m loving the ingredients from ester-c which is a huge collagen builder, jojoba oil-one of the most effective moisturizers for your skin, hyaluronic acid –a natural humectant, turmeric, which is a super powerful antioxidant and other NATURAL ingredients. The cream is thick but it’s immediately absorbed in the under eye area-not leaving a greasy finish at all. Seriously, all you need is a small pinky finger amount to cover both eyes. Another huge reason I’m loving this is because this product is formulated WITHOUT Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petro-Chemicals, Phthalates, GMO and Triclosan. Chemicals I can do without!

Have you tried this product?

What do you use to keep "looking young?"

 Hugs, 


De

4 comments:

Kwana said...

I've just updated to Lancome's High Resolution line and like it so far and I've gotten a Clarisonic which I'm in love with. Like you I've been fighting since before 20.

BonafideLatina~ said...

Great review! Thank you for being so thorough!! :)

As for me I had to deal with bad cystic acne few years ago (did the whole Accutane thing) so I was too busy dealing with controlling the acne than antiaging but the past 5 yrs I've tried my best to be consistent with the eye creams at least. I need to do more like use serums etc.


Because of potential breakouts Im always worried about trying serums so I dont. Do you have some that you know work but that are oil free to avoid potential breakouts?

I've been into the Juice Beauty and Philosophy lines in addition to using clarisonic every few days.

That's awsome that you have NO visible signs of aging. You go girl!!

Blatina- Black Skin, Spanish Culture said...

I think it would have been the truth to state "Black" doesn't crack. There would be no Dominicans without Africans and the Spanish influence is mainly cultural and not BIOLOGICAL and the Spanish Europeans in Spain would be the FIRST to tell you that.

A Dominican who has lived in Spain, Rome, Italy and Brazil.

beautylogicblog said...

@blatina, I'm very aware what Dominicans are made of. I've made that very clear on this site that I embrace my Afro roots, and I wish more Dominicans would be as accepting of it as I am. Thanks for your comment.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...