20th Anniversary Glamour Awards & Giftbag Giveway


Hey loves,

When I first received the invite to the 20th Anniversary Glamour Women of the Year Awards, I was so excited. Yesterday I woke up on cloud 9, but three hours before I was supposed to leave my babysitter calls and abruptly cancels on me….again. I was so devastated. Since I don’t trust too many people with my lil man, I just resolved myself to not going. Two and a half hours later, by chance, I texted my favorite cousin  that I was having babysitter issues, and she agreed to come. She's a nursing student and is always incredibly busy, so I was shocked when she said yes. With thirty minutes to spare, I did my hair and makeup. Most of my makeup I applied in the cab. Anyway, here's a quick pic of me before I left. The dress was bought at TJ Maxx off of their Runway Collection for $99.99. It’s from a brand called IISLI. I know I don’t have a pic of the shoes but they were also from TJ Maxx from Lamb, and they were on clearance for $29.99. Really cute shoes too. The necklace is by that company Pnk Elephant. We reviewed them before.


My hair magic was done by myself with Conair’s New Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Infiniti Curling Iron. I will review that amazing iron soon. And my makeup was just my everyday makeup look. I ran out the door and jumped in a cab  headed to Carnegie Hall.   



There were so many celebs in attendance. We weren’t supposed to be taking pics, but come on, I’m a blogger. Fergie, Kate Hudson, Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer, Julia Roberts, Donatella Versace, Janet Jackson, so many amazing women.



But I wasn’t even starstruck, because I was more inspired by the everyday women that won, The Women of The Year Awards. There’s Dr. Abdi, my new shero. This woman is an OB/GYN in Somalia who treats thousands of people a year. Just on her land, she has 90,000 Somalians staying there. She was kidnapped last year, and her kidnappers threatened her and told her they were going to take her land, and facing death, she refused to give it to them. There was 18 year old Constance McMillan who fought for the chance to go to the prom with her girlfriend. There was another 18 year old who is building a real spaceship. There were so many amazing women there. Then by the end of the night, guess who walked on stage. OMG, I almost had a heart attack. Oprah! 


My idol. We were breathing the same air together. It was magical. The message of the evening was YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! ANYTHING! AS LONG AS YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND WORK HARD! PLEASE BELIEVE THAT. DON’T GET DISCOURAGED. I am so inspired. Anyway, we got a great gift bag  loaded with L'oreal products, from L’oreal’s iconic Elnet hairspray, Ivanka Trump Jewelery,  to their new million dollar lashes so of course, I’m doing a giveaway.



Just leave a comment here telling me anything. Honestly, I would really love to know how you're pursuing your dreams, but if you don’t feel comfortable sharing that with the world, just any random comment would do. Winner gets announced Friday.

Remember in life, anything is possible. Don't get discouraged.  I truly believe that. 


Hugs,

Milly

37 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl you looked fierce!

Count me in! What keeps my dreams going is Keeping the memory of my ancestors alive, styaying true to who I am by extension of their memory..

Tiffany said...

what an amazing event!

GlitteryGlitz said...

What makes me pursue my dreams is the belief and increased confidence I gain by setting goals and achieving them...that feeling is better than makeup, fashion or anything superficial that can be taken away from a person. The fact that I have faced tough times, felt all alone and somehow I made it through and became a better me~ Smooches~

Anonymous said...

im pursuing my dreams by finishing grad school! im having no luck finding work in my field so i can get licensed as a counselor but im pursuing opportunities to gain semi-relevant work experience to make me more desireable to employers.

Ashley said...

I work with high profile athletes and the best way to pursue my dreams is through creating a spark in them. For example, currently one is offering full scholarships to students interested in going to a prestigious state school (his alma mater) in my area, out of his own pocket and another is in the process of building fresh drinkable water lines for the entire republic of Ghana. I wish the media would not ignore the amazing things my players do. P.S. Great dress!

vonnie said...

you look beautiful! i keep procrastinating on my dream to finish my novel, but I need to pursue it more diligently :)

Unknown said...

ok I havent even read the post yet lol YOU LOOK SO SMOKIN' HOT MAMA!!! now i will go back and read

Chanel said...

Right now I am trying to purse my dreams by working on my Master's Degree. I eventually want to go to law school but I can't right now due to my baby girl. I WILL go to law school once she goes to school

Anonymous said...

What keeps my dreams alive are my three daughters and one son.When my spirits and enthusiasim wane, I remember these little guys and what I want them to always see in me.Courage ,honesty,strength,and determination.No matter what.Now I have to go and homeschool them!

The Beauty Bug said...

Wow that is so nice of you to give your giftbag away - Such a great event - I would have loved to see it.

Robin said...

You looked gorgeous!

What an inspiring post!

Jiggetts said...

Um, you look great to have had a baby! And what an awesome night and giveaway! Glad your cousin came throught. That's what family's for.

BonafideLatina~ said...

I'm so HAPPY you were able to attend this event despite the hiccup in the beginning :)
You look GREAT!!!

I LOVE LOVE Oprah! She is also my idol and I love her positive energy.

What keeps me going is knowing that I've come this far by hard work and always believing in myself. Also knowing that I'm experiencing things that I know my mother didn't have the chance to experience. So I want to honor her hard work and sacrifices to make me the woman I am today by continuing to make her proud and working hard.

Diana said...

What keeps me wanting to pursue my dreams are My family, My husband. Without him, I wouldn't have learned to love and appreciate my self and that I should do what makes me happy, I also want to have a great future with him and we can only do that by not giving up and doing the best we can for our selves.

Great dress btw & Happy you were able to go, nice family!!! :D

Nikia said...

You look so beautiful. Go you!

I'd say I'm pursuing my dreams by keeping a sound mind and coupling my thoughts with action. The Law of Attraction really works! :-)

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Milly
I'm glad you got to attend the event... Hooray for wonderful family members and friends!
You look great by the way.
PJD

Angela said...

I love the dress! I keep putting faith in myself and also the confidence of others in me and that's what helps me to dream.
princess_shae38109@yahoo.com

Kat said...

I just pulled an all-nighter for work, and sometimes it gets pretty tough. It was really nice of you to put some encouraging words in your post :)

Oh yeah. That swag you got looks amazing!

katch05 at gmail dot com

nour said...

My goal for the near future i to finish my PhD in Health Sciences--almost there!!

Mary said...

Milly, you look absolutely AMAZING! I'm so happy that you got to attend and experience something that the rest of us can only dream about. You deserved a fun night.

web2meb@live.com

AVA said...

I really love your blog.

Ms. G said...

You looked great Milly!

Bailey said...

You looked great! I'm happy you're cousin was able to come through for you and you were able to attend. I followed a lot of the tweets & it sounded like an amazing event.

I am working toward my goals by keeping weekly lunch meetings with my mentor, keeping a list of short & long term goals and attending as many professional development & continuing education seminars as possible.

Bailey
@SBailey7 - Twitter
S7Bailey@gmail.com

Cerisa "Bronze Goddess" said...

You look gorgeous! I just got that Glamour issue in the mail and I am reading every article on these great women right now! :)

I have pursued one of my dreams of buying my first home last year at age 26 and now I am currently going for my career goals by returning back to school to get my MBA.

Bronze Goddess Beauty

Jessica and Nicole said...

You looked wonderful and that necklace was the perfect choice for that outfit.

Charlene said...

you generous girl you! what keeps my dreams going is my baby boy. I am more determined than ever now to have my own successful business so that I can take care of him in the week especially.

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Aww, I'm glad you were able to go. 30 mins to get ready, you did great :)

Vanessa S said...

After being a police officer with the NYPD for 20.5 years (currently retired), I decided that I am going to continue my education and go back to school.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I come to your blog everyday!

I am keeping my dreams going by believing in love :) After being in countless horrible relationships, my self-esteem was at the floor. But believing that true love is out there for me, it is just a matter of time! Knowing I have a lot to offer the right man and that I am worthy of someone great gives me hope.

RP

Style, via Tia said...

Love the dress!!

D House of Style said...

I'm pursuing my dream of being a best-selling NY times author.

doughnut said...

I'm currently working on my bachelors degree then joining the army as an officer. My family is the most important thing to me.

1955nurse said...

WOW - You look AMAzing! I'm so glad you got to go, sounds like it was one of the "Once in a lifetime" evenings. How nice of you to give up your gift bag!!!
I'm getting ready to go back to school - trying to change my life a bit.

"Root out timidity by daring." - Maya Angelou

Anonymous said...

Love your dress and necklace! O-V-A-H! And I love your posts on nail polishes. I have already bought some of the ones you have featured!
@BX2PRLady

vrtish55 said...

I believe! I'm still trying to envision my dream. I am blessed and thankful. The Glamour Women of the Year awards sounds like an awesome experience. So happy you were able to attend!

Jennifer Pellicone said...

I just found your blog! LOVE IT! My dream is to get my two boys into college and help them become wonderful young men> However, they are teenagers.
cspmom at gmail dot com

paulasue said...

Hi, you look amazing! It is nice to see a lady as graceful and beautiful as you, I'm a little jealous! lol ;) I love all the little inspirational quotes that you share...they give me such hope for making anything possible!! Thank you! Paula C. paulasue39(at)yahoo.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...