Seersucker Brooklyn is a Home Away From Home for this Southerner

So one of my favorite neighborhoods in Brooklyn is Carroll Gardens.It's such an unusual and eclectic place. You can find, great cafes, hipster bars, the boutiques, the dog on leashes and kids in strollers. Walking in this hood you forget you're in NY and think for second your in some utopian dream….and then you walk in to the restaurant Seer Sucker, and you realize in your dreams you can have biscuits!!!

Seersucker is a new restaurant in the neighborhood, its been here since just May, and from the menu to the décor it is a chic southern dig. Me, being from Florida, more exact Jacksonville, is where I grew up, which is more like southern Georgia, I set the bar high on knowing what down home cuisine taste like…and let me tell you they do an awesome job of impressing me!

Most Southern eateries try to over complicate the menu in taste, and by the time you eat, the taste of what you ordered feels like distant cousins or just a totally different dish. But here the quality of food is so high they serve you fresh food with bold flavor just the way I remember Mom Preparing.


I had the bean chilli soup and grilled cheese sandwich! It was so yummy all I needed was a blanket and a fire place!  And my friend ordered the open face catfish sandwich with chips. I was nervous to order this myself because I am very particular about how I my fish cooked, and even pickier with my tartar sauce…I am not joking when I say, it may be the best cat fish sandwich ever! I mean this!! It was so good all day I kept thinking “Go back and get the sandwich for lunch again, you know you want it, you deserve it you need it!” The sandwich was so flavorful, and crispy and yet so light I didn’t feel like a heffer afterwards. lol

And to end this heavenly day at Seersucker we had their signature Rice Pudding bowl.  So here they sit in front of me rice pudding with dulce de leche pecan pralines, and the seasonal compote berrys! It was fantastic, cruchy yummy goodness and with the classic tunes of the Beatles and Bob Dylan rotating in the back ground, I say once again all in all it was like going home for lunch, and anytime I can run away to get home is heavenly!



Seersucker Brooklyn
329 Smith Street
NY 11231-4607
(718) 422-0444



Love and Hugs, 


Cassie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm from Jville too! Duuuvvalll! Okay I'm finished! :0) Sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

Cassie, thank you so much! Look forward to meeting you in person one of these days!! xoxo Kerry

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...