Are you following your Dreams? Part 2

I might do a beauty post later on today but right now I'm so inspired and I had to share. Yesterday my mentor in my head Loren Ridinger posted her dream board. If you don't know who Loren is read the entrepemom column I did with her here. If you don't feel like reading, Loren and her husband founded a multi gazillion dollar company called Market America. Anyway,  you can click to see it her dream or vision board here.  Her post inspired me because she talks about how the stuff on her dream board have pretty much all come true.



Her post got me thinking to my own vision board. I'll be honest life has been so crazy that I really haven't looked at it in a while. So I took it out yesterday and realized that I could remove three things from it because they'd come true already. Here's an example of one: Last year  a new building opened in my neighborhood. I would walk by this building everyday and just stare at it. I was so dying to live there, but I was still locked into my lease  for  another year and a half. I put the pic of the new building on my vision board, sent my request up to the heavens,  and went on my way thinking hard everyday about that building. Almost immediately, I began having problems in my old apartment. My ceilings started to leak repeatedly. I got locked into my bathroom a whole day because of a faulty lock,  and then one day, I was about to take a shower, when I turned on the tub, and black water began oozing out of the faucet. It was sewage. (I have the pics if anyone wants to see.)  The owner immediately released us from our lease, gave us two months rent back because he was so scared we'd sue the pants off of him, and I was able to move into the new building.  I'm not sure if this is due to the power of the vision board, but I find it so strange that after living in that building for three years, never having a problem in the building, right when I  wanted to leave, things began immediately happening to make me go.

 The board reminds you that you can accomplish anything, and if you want it to happen bad enough, the universe or God (whatever you believe) will help you achieve it. I also believe that being kind and good to others has a lot to do with your overall success. Stepping on people's toes to reach to the top will only bring bad karma your way so learn to love others and feel happy for their success and accomplishments. There is plenty of room in this world for everyone to succeed.

Bottom line, remember you can do whatever you put your mind to! If you really want something, you can make it happen through hard work, dreams and belief. If someone tells you otherwise, don't listen. They probably didn't make their dreams come true, and want you to think you can't make yours come true either.  Realize that your potential is limitless. You are destined for greatness...but only if you believe you are.

For Part 1 of are you following your dreams, click here. 

Hugs,

Milly

3 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

GREAT post!!! :)
I've known about Vision Boards since 2005 and then soon after that The Secret movie came out and put it on blast which is great!!!

Thx for the reminder
:)

Catherine said...

I love all your posts about following your dreams, they are so inspirational! I really must make a vision board of my own. I guess there's nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain!

fantastic said...

I couldn't agree more! The same thing happens here..if I haven't looked at our vision board in a while and then take it out, I realize there are things we've actually accomplished and can remove from it! Time to add new things!
x

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...