Opi Muppet Nail Polish Collection Review & Swatches & Weekend Updates

Hey loves, how was your weekend, mine was pretty great, except that I really didn't do too much. However, on Sunday I was walking to the park around my neighborhood when I noticed there was a street fair going on. I love street fairs! But this was no ordinary street fair. It was the first annual beauty street fair. Do you know how exciting that is for a beauty girl like myself Woohoo, And then I noticed this:

A display for the new OPI Nailpolish Muppet collection. I almost hyperventilated (well no I didn't, that's a lie, but I was excited). I freaking love the Muppet Babies. That was the show of my youth and the holiday videos were always my favorite. I always wondered why Kermit The Frog didn't like Miss. Piggy. In my opinion, Miss Piggy was way too good for Kermit, but whatever. Anyway, I picked up 5 shades from this 12 shade collection. Read my review below.





shades I picked up

The collection consist of 12 polishes, 6 shimmery red and neutrals and 6 glitter packed shades. I picked up two shimmers and three glitter shades (because you girls know how much I love me some glitter!). Let me give a special shout out to the OPI Peeps at the beauty fair who gave me that cute Miss. Piggy display.  Now let's get into the polishes:


Designer De Better-a rich metallic bronze. One coat is all you need with this, although I used two. Love this one.

Wocka Wocka-Man this deep berry is sexy! Again 1 coat is all you need with this rich shade, but I used two.




Now let's get to the glitter shades. I was so excited about these glitter shades. These had the chunkiest bits of glitter. LOVE! My qualm with this though was glitter got everywhere.  So much glitter and when I was swatching, I just couldn't get all of the glitter from the last nail polish off. No matter how many times I wiped my hands and nails with nail polish remover, the glitter was there to stay  And another qualm, you needed about 3 to 4 coats to truly get full coverage on your nails with this polish. 

First glitter polish is called "Gettin' Miss Piggy With It" A red chunky glitter. Can we all Laugh Out Loud at that name? Hilarious

2nd Glitter shade is Divine Swine-Magenta Chunky glitter. (See the left over glitter from Gettin Miss Piggy With It.")


Gone Gonzo-3rd glitter shade was truly my favorite glitter shade. I love this gorgeous rich aqua blue/silver glitter shade. I had this shade on yesterday and got so many compliments. It's just so beautiful.



Bottom line, I would without a doubt pick up the shimmery shades, and although glitter did get everywhere, and it took more than 3 coats to get full coverage, I'd still without a doubt pick up that gorgeous Gone Gonzo shade, and Gettin Piggy With It (you know how I feel about my reds). But Divine Swine wasn't my fave, so I would skip it.

Anyway as I told you girls my weekend was pretty boring. I didn't do too much, but I do want to share this, you guys should definitely get this month's Oprah Magazine. It's packed with great info, especially if you have no idea what to do with your life or what you're good at. I highly recommend it.





What's your fave shade?


Are you a glitter lover too?

Hugs,

Milly

4 comments:

Nikkia (Silver Lips) said...

OMG! I can't wai tto check out this collection. I'm a huge Muppet fan but Miss Piggy is my girl from way back lol So far my favorites must buys are Designer De Better and Gettin' Miss Piggy With It. thanks for sharing swatches :-)

BonafideLatina~ said...

I'll have to pick up that OPRAH Mag :)

Thx!

Jennifer B said...

Milly! I'm so excited that you love the OPI Muppets Collection as much as I do!I'm 28 and still love glitter nail polish, and if I'm wrong I don't want to be right!;p

beautylogicblog said...

@jenniferB-Girl If I'm wrong I don't want to be right either!!!!! Love me some glitter.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...