Skin Ingredient Must Have-Vitamin C



One of my must-have skin care ingredients  is Vitamin C.  It’s so incredibly beneficial for the skin and  important for anti-aging (you girls know I want to stay looking 21 forever! Lol). Here are some benefits of vitamin C for the skin.

-Helps in the production of collagen,
-Assists your  skin in repairing itself
-Incredibly powerful Antioxidant
-Reduces Hyperpigmentation marks dramatically

The problem with many products is that they say they have vitamin C in them, and then they put a non-stable vitamin c in their product, so once you open it, the vitamin c is not effective and you’re basically using nothing on your face. Or they contain such a low amount that really it does nothing for your skin.  Make sure your vitamin C products contain at least 5% Vitamin C, and these forms of stable vitamin C: ascorbic acid, L-ascorbic acid, and ascorbyl palmitate. Also, I keep my vitamin C products refrigerated and away from the light. It can lose it’s effectiveness very quickly if exposed to those factors. If your vitamin C serum looks yellow, that's usually a good indicator that it’s been oxidized and it’s time to throw it away! Also, don't think buying capsules of Vitamin C and opening them and applying on your face will work-they won't. Those vitamin C's are not meant to be applied topically and have no benefit on your skin.

Click below to find out some of my vitamin C Favorites:





Obagi Vitamin C

I reviewed this product before, but I will say honestly it’s one of the best vitamin C products that I’ve tried. I’ve actually purchased this product myself twice. It contains 20% vitamin C which is extremely powerful, but non irritating to the skin. After using this for a month, you will see such a huge difference in just how your skin looks, and if you suffer from hyperpigmentation, you will see a marked improvement. Believe me.


Jan Marini C-Esta Serum



I also reviewed this product years ago. I like this vitamin C because it comes in very opaque packaging so it will stay stable a lot faster than other vitamin C. It also comes in an oily skin version. This product will leave your skin glowing.

Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum


I’m actually in my 5th week toward using this product and so far very good. It’s a lot more affordable than the other two ($45.00). It contains 7% vitamin C and when I apply, it hydrates my skin really well without giving me breakouts. You may actually want to try this vitamin C before trying the others just to get your skin used to it.I will have my full review next week.



These are 3 serums that I am loving, that contain high potency vitamin C, and work great on your skin.

What are your favorite vitamin C products?

Do you use Vitamin C on your skin?

Hugs,

Milly

4 comments:

Nicole Nightly said...

I absolutely love Vitamin C on my skin, I've been using Dr. Perricone who is also pro-VIT C... the change in my skin is great! I was thinking of trying SkinCeuticals CE Ferrulic Serum but may check out the Obagi serum reviews before I make my decision =)

Nicole Nightly said...

I absolutely love Vitamin C on my skin, I've been using Dr. Perricone who is also pro-VIT C... the change in my skin is great! I was thinking of trying SkinCeuticals CE Ferrulic Serum but may check out the Obagi serum reviews before I make my decision =)

Nikia said...

Love vitamin C for my skin. I make facial scrub out of lemon juice and raw organic sugar. Works like a charm.

CC101 said...

Vitamin C is something I've been looking into, so thank you for the referrals! Also, another thing missing in my skin care regime is peptides. Do you have any suggestions for that? Sorry if you have already posted something on it, I haven't got that far yet! lol

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...