Therapy Thursday: "Sometimes Life will Hit You in the Head With a Brick, Don't Lose Faith!"



This morning I walked by the Apple store on the Upper West Side. There was a memorial set up for Steve Jobs, and when I tell you countless people were hysterically crying, I couldn't believe it. Me, being the reporter I am, I had to ask why they were crying so hard for someone they really didn't know. One man told me, "because he was my hero."Another woman told me "because he made my son think it was cool to be smart." Her son was next to her with tears in his eyes too.  I too was truly saddened by the passing of Steve Jobs.  For the last few years, when I began to feel defeated or rejected, one of the first things I did, was go to my computer bookmarks and pull up this speech he did six years ago.




I also carry a copy of the speech with me as well.  I tweeted about the speech a few times in the past  because I found it to be just that inspiring. Steve Jobs was born out of wedlock, adopted, dropped out of college. He would  exchange coke bottles for 5 cents to eat, and slept on his friends' floors because he didn't have anywhere else to go, but through all that adversity,  he became the most successful man of our generation. Later in life, Apple fired him. While being fired, he started PIXAR-the most successful animation company in the world, and he still came back to Apple with a bang.  So, my question to you today is, what's your excuse again for not following your dreams?   As Mr. Jobs said, "Your time is limited, don't spend it living someone elses life."

Steve Jobs lived out his own dreams, and inspired millions in the process. 

That's an amazing life.


RIP Steve Jobs-thank you for being an inspiration to me and to millions of others.


Hugs,


Milly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milly, I didn't even listen to the video and I am already crying. You are very inspirational to me and I am sure to many. You are so selfless by sharing all that you have with the world and I thank you for that. I could go on and on and on but I won't. Simply put I want to say thank you for being so inspirational and empowering to so many people you don't know. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

beautylogicblog said...

@anonymous You are so sweet.thank you so much. You actually made me cry. Hugs to you.

Crissy K said...

I love that speech. What an amazing man he was. To add to what anonymous said. I'm really glad I found this blog, you are really inspiring :D

beautylogicblog said...

@chrissy k Thank you mama

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...