Duri Nailpolish Holiday Collection 2011 Review


Hey love bugs, how are you? How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? Saturday I spent the day with the family, and at night, hubby and I headed to the Cotto Vs Margarito boxing match. The only sport I can watch is boxing .One of hubby's clients gave us box seats so that was super fun.

But Sunday it was family day too, I also got caught up in a Snapped marathon. (That show about women who kill, what's up with these ladies?) Anyway, let's talk beauty, and especially the new Duri Holiday Nail Polish Collection. We've got a few sparkles, a cream finish, and shimmers. These colors reminded me so much of Christmas!  From the green, to the red glitter, to the color named Icicle which looked like snow.  I fell in love with most of the colors. Click below to read more and see full pics of the collection: 



All that Glitters-Two coats needed with this gorgeous gold and red glitter polish to get full coverage. When I was a kid, my mom had a beautiful Christmas ornament that was the same color.


Icicle-Two coats needed for this clear based silver glitter polish. This reminds me so much of snow. Love this.


Toxic-Duri describes this as a neon green. However, for me this is a little deeper than a neon green. Also, you need three coats with this polish. The first two just looked all splotchy, three made it a lot better. This was my least favorite. It reminded me of my Christmas tree.



Night Before Christmas-My favorite color. A true deep berry red with specks of gold glitter. This reminds me of a table cloth I have that I only put out during Christmas

Path of Light-My 2nd favorite. A beautiful rose pink with shimmer. Gorgeous! I wore a dress the exact same color for christmas last year.

Anyway this collection is pretty beautiful. The polishes apply really smoothly. I had no issues with the polish itself, except with the green color Toxic. With two coats the polish still looked uneven but when I upped it to three, I was ok.

All in all, I'd give this collection an A-

What do you think of this collection?

FYI: I'll be doing a giveaway of this collection on Friday. You have to like our facebook page just to be entered so here's the link

Hugs,

Milly.

8 comments:

B said...

Such an unexpected holiday collection. I love it! And uh...any sports event is 10x better in the box. Woot!

kepsgrl said...

Haha - not very often you hear a woman say she prefers boxing over other sports! :)

beautylogicblog said...

@B isn't it though? That fight was insane! lol

beautylogicblog said...

@kepsgirl I think it's because I was raised with boxing. My dad was a huge fan.

SPrice said...

In love with the Night before Christmas! Perfect for the holiday season - I wonder how it would look layered with Icicle...

beautylogicblog said...

@sprice I think I will try that. Today I'm rocking Night before Christmas. I love it.

socialitedreams said...

night before christmas is sooooo gorgeous! i like the first one too, looks like a butter london color i've been eyeing

Stephanie said...

I love this holiday nail polish collection! My favorites are the sheer pink, red and dark pink colors. I love the glitter and shimmer in them. :) I'm so inspired for the holidays! :)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...