Therapy Thursdays: Stop Worrying about What Others Are Doing!



A few days ago I was taking a new set of professional headshots. The photographer had a great assistant who wanted to do my makeup. Since her makeup looked flawless, I agreed, and after she was done, I was so pleased with her work.  My makeup looked so great and finally I had headshot pics that looked decent. (I am incredibly un photogenic.) While she was doing my makeup she was complaining that she wasn't getting enough work, and she didn't have enough money etc. This girl's makeup skills were awesome.  She was super pretty and seemed really sweet with great energy, so the first thing I said to her after her complaining was, "You're incredibly talented, why not start doing youtube videos, you can make some serious money." Right away she told me, "nah, no one would notice me, there's way too many people doing youtubes." Sadly, I've heard that before in many things not just youtube. I'll suggest an area someone may want to work in and they'll tell me, "No that field is oversaturated, I can't work there, or no one would notice me." That's a big mistake in thinking.  STOP looking at what other people are doing and focus on what you're doing!!! If you keep worrying about what others are doing believe me, you will not get anywhere in life because every field will intimidate you. Click Below to Read more


Again, last year I suggested to a girl at  Sephora that she should start doing youtubes. She told me "nah, too many peeps are doing youtubes etc."  I told her the same thing I'm telling you. Stop focusing on what others are doing and focus on your greatness.  She was super talented, and guess what, I was looking for a video two weeks ago on Youtube, and saw she had started a channel, and already had almost 20,000 subscribers. Youtube is JUST an example, but what Im saying to you is this, if you are scared to get into an industry, or do something because you feel like it's either "oversaturated" or "just too much competition" or because you think other people are doing it better,  then you will not get anywhere in life. Real successful people could care less what others are doing. They know they are geat! They know they can bring a new spin to an industry.  Here's another example, when I first told a few friends I wanted to blog, the first thing they told me "don't do it" " too oversaturated"  "no one will notice your blog." I'm happy to say that my blog may NOT be the biggest but I've gotten so many great opportunities through it, and it is one of the best things I've ever done and I always tell peeps if you are passionate about something, start a blog! I am so happy I chose not to  listen to my friends, and  not to focus on what others were doing, and just focus on what I was doing.  Again, Stop looking at what others are doing in life and focus on how you will improve your talents, how you will bring a new spin to an area whether it's youtube or any field in life.  You can do anything.  You are destined for Greatness. Remember that. Here's a quote from an unlikely source. I follow football player Chad Ochocinco on twitter. He's hysterically funny but also offers great advice to his followers. He once tweeted this:

"Do you ever notice that successful people don't care about what others are doing. It's hard to eat your food when looking at someone else's plate."

Remember that!

Now go after your dreams and stop worrying about other peeps."

I hope you guys have an amazing weekend and holiday. We'll be back next week with so much beauty from Laura Mercier's new spring stuff, L'orac's new spring palettes, and some more.


Hugs

Milly

7 comments:

Nichole said...

Good advice. Thanks!

beautylogicblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beautylogicblog said...

thanks nicole merry xmas

GorgeousInGrey.com said...

I am guilty of this myself. And I have to remind myself often that what's for me will come. If I spend all my time studying someone's elses gifts I will miss my own. Thanks for the reminder.

XOXO
Ty

beautylogicblog said...

@gorgeousingrey girl, it's very common, but I learned a long time ago looking at what others do, and worrying about what they do, does nothing for you!

Unknown said...

Really, really great advice! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and what great thoughts to carry into the new year :)

Anonymous said...

I love this. Im trying to start a blog and cant seem to figure out where to start because I am nervous about how it will be received. Im going to stop being nervous now and just go with what I am passionate about.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...