DE talks Hair with Guru Ted Gibson

Photobucket

Fashion week has been fabulous! I had the opportunity to talk to the adorable and sweet Hair Guru Ted Gibson.He was so warm and open, and his glam squad officially made my hair look fantastic (especially with New York’s humidity). Ted is known for his A-list clients which include: Angelina Jolie, Anne Hathaway, Joy Bryant and Gabrielle Union. And here’s great news, Ted told me my hair was very healthy and advised me to keep it long and black. (I had been thinking about cutting it and dyeing it brown for the winter.) I had a fabulous picture with him but since I’m moving and I’ve packed everything up, I can’t find my darn usb plug. I’ll post it as soon as I get it.

Anyway here are a few questions I asked him:

1) How did you get your start in the business?
"Well I’ve been doing hair for twenty years. I worked for Aveda salon then went and lived in Minneapolis and taught basic cosmetology. Then Aveda moved me downtown and I got into the fashion business. The first show I ever worked on was Miu Miu."

2) A lot of my readers are relaxed hair honeys, what products or ingredients would you recommend to maintain the health of their hair?
"The first thing is to always know what hair needs. If you have relaxed hair, then think of what it needs. It needs plenty of moisture and protein. I have a product called GoodNight, that is a scalp hair serum that is a patented wheat protein and has vitamin A, D, and E and antioxidants that bodify and strengthen the hair"

3) A lot of my readers are natural haired honeys too, what can we recommend for them?
"I’d go for the same thing. They need a lot of moisture and add some anti-frizz along with that too. They’ll need something heavier to control and enhance the curl. Remember that curly hair absorbs lights and straight hair reflects light. I have something called Tame it Shine lotion for their hair.

4) Is there any ingredient that you believe can actually increase hair growth? "I think hair growth can only be increased internally. I tell all of my clients to go buy biotin pills. I really like the phyto vitamins too for hair. " (DE has said this many times)

5) What are the newest style trends for the fall?
"I do think the bob will remain the trend this season. But remember that beauty is individual. Know about trends but don’t be a slave to them. Don’t cut your hair in order to be in trend. Make sure you think about what can enhance your features." (DE knows that's right! A bob would make me look identical to my older bro Carlos. Lol)

6) Who was your first celebrity client?
"Angelina Jolie-she put me on the map."

While I was interviewing Ted, the gorgeous and so adorably pregnant Tia Williams was there. I love Tia and I'm addicted to her blog Shake Your Beauty and I've read all of her books (including her teenage series). I had a pic with her too, but my darn USB is nowhere to be found. Anyway, both of us had just come in from New York’s disgustingly humid weather and Ted told us to try his hair sheets. Well after Tia applied it, her hair looked incredible. It was soooooo shiny. So you know I had to grab some. I put some on and seriously my hair was gleaming. It was crazy!!!!! Those hair sheets are the business!


Ted Gibson salon is located at 184 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY and his products are sold on www.tedgibsonsalon.com or in Sephora.com.

Thanks Ted

Hugs,


DE

9 comments:

Luxe Tips said...

Phyto vitamins..Okay I am going to find these vitamins tomorrow. Great interview! Congrats! How did Tia look? I can't wait to see the pics. Plus I love your tweets! Keep having a blast!

Calming Corners said...

Awesome interview and Congrats!!!! Keep doing your thing!!!

xo,
CC

Wes said...

Great interview!!! Very informative

Roselyn said...

aww...i've actually met ted at his salon a few times, isnt he such a doll! i love how humble he is. amazing interview!

Product Junkie Diva said...

YAY for a great interview..You did a great job DE.
Isn't Fashion week FAB????

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing :-)

Ness said...

Good interview. I love the questions! Being a relaxed hair gal, it's good to know that I have to start from within to achieve healthier hair. I already knew it, but sometimes I need to hear it from others :)

MakeupByRenRen said...

dang i need to get some vitamins because i've been trying to grow out my hair too! what a great time you had, i need those hair sheets too lol

Kiki said...

Great interview.
Keep them coming!
:)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...