Healthy Long Hair From Within

I get a lot of e-mails with people asking me “De, how do you get your hair so long? Or so healthy?” My hair is very thick with a lot of curl when I wash it, and a ridiculous amount of natural shine (yes I’m very vain when it comes to my tresses). But when I was growing up, my hair was also incredibly dry,and damaged, with almost no growth at all, (it stayed shoulder length forever) no shine at all, and my skin was no better (acne galore!). My diet mostly consisted of 50 cents soda’s and a whole bunch of other sugar-laden foods that local bodegas offer. I’ve said before, and I’ll say this again, there is no way you can have glistening shiny long hair, and healthy skin if your diet consist of massive sugar and other stuff that doesn’t provide your body with the nutrients it needs to nourish your hair and skin. Now since I sometimes don’t have the time to eat nutrient-rich salads (remember I’m trying to take over the world), I make sure I take a greens replacement drink every morning that is loaded with so many vitamins, and minerals, there’s just way too many to count.

Garden of Life

Photobucket


I’ve been drinking this putrid tasting stuff for a few years. It tastes like death if you drink it with water, but if you mix it with Orange juice the taste is fine. Every since I’ve been taking this stuff, my hair and skin have really shown me that it’s working. My hairstylist is always complementing me on how fast my hair grows and how ridiculously shiny it is as well. Your body needs nutrients to create healthy locks of hair and fantastic skin and this stuff really does provide you with everything and then some. Also, I rarely get sick and if I do get sick, I’m fine within a day. This stuff really boost your immune system! If you’re not as rushed as me, then make sure to have a big organic salad every day. Greens are loaded with so many nutrients and vitamins, your hair will see the difference. DE Promises. Even Ted Gibson said hair growth starts internally.

How was your weekend loves?

Do you eat better for healthier hair and skin?


Hugs,

DE

18 comments:

justme said...

i am so interested, more for my skin, because my diet is horrible. you said orange juice makes it taste "fine" thats not GOOD LOL!

have you ever tried those super drops that you just add to your water?

BonafideLatina~ said...

Thx for this recommendation I'll def look into getting this! When I'm in NY for work I try to eat a spinach salad with lots of toppings everyday during work week but at times I can't do that so I'm glad to hear about this product. But yes when I stick to healthy eating I can see my skin looks way better.

Weekend was relaxing hope yours was good!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Yes, much like bonadidelatina when my diet is right my skin shows it, and my hair to but mostly my skin.
I am worried about the taste..lol but I may give it a shot.
thanks for this post.
PJD

Nikkia Chanel said...

I'm going to have to look into this. I'm on a hunt to find a product that can help me from inside out.
Thanks for the recommendation

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow girl, you always have the best hair tips i swear...you've motivated me to eat and drink better too

Anonymous said...

where can you find this??

~a said...

I've heard and seen Garden of Life products but never tried them, glad to know it works.

Thanks again for the info on the Dominican salons!

~a

Mischo Beauty said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! You are speaking the TRUTH! Shampoos, conditioners and styling products are fine- but hair growth starts from within and if your diet isn't what it should be - then forget about healthy hair/skin/nails! It's a fact!

Thanks for this! :)

Mischo Beauty said...

Oh and I mix my "green magma" with tomato juice and usually have it in the afternoon! Just a little FYI. LOL! ;)

Mischo Beauty said...

Oh one more thing- sorry- I'm trying your recommended brand next! :)

Ok, I'm done now! :)

Marilyn270 said...

I have always loved salads but now I am going to commit to what you stated here, "make sure to have a big organic salad every day" AND I am going to get this Garden of Life drink. I heard about it a while ago and thought about buying it but now I will! Thanks !

beautylogicblog said...

cinthia, vitacost.com

The Crafty Nanny said...

Great advice and you have AMAZING hair! Also, love the "Perfect Food" is on sale now at Vitamin Shoppe so all the more incentive for your readers to go out and get it! ;)

Phyllis Bourne said...

I picked this up from Whole Foods last night! Thanks for sharing!

Roselyn said...

I loooove my veggies but an extra dose may not hurt. In fact I have been looking for a similar supplement so I'm glad you nailed this one for a subject! Ordering mine now!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

So, so, so true!! I'm currently using a product that I'm going to review on BGG that's all about starting from within!

Anonymous said...

I'm picking this stuff up tomorrow haha! Holla!

Unknown said...

how many ounces of this do you have to drink daily?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...