Are You Following Your Dreams?

I remember when I was growing up. Mommy and I would love to go to the Macys on 34th Street in Manhattan and go directly to the Estee Lauder Counters. Mommy' signature fragrance was Estee Lauder’s Beautiful and she always had over 5 bottles of the stuff at a time. She also only used Estee Lauder make-up and skin care products. (Mommy and I love supporting women businesses). So it’s so amazing to me that twenty years later, I would get the opportunity (due to Total Beauty) to go and visit the Estee Lauder Headquarters, including her office:

Photobucket

I even got to sit in her chair! It was a fantastic experience and I’d like to thank Total Beauty for that from the bottom of my heart. But another thing I want to tell you is an inspiring story that we heard about Estee.

When Estee was first starting her line, she tried desperately to get her products sold at Saks Fifth Avenue, but they kept rejecting her, telling her that her line was way too small for them to carry. This incredibly savvy woman never gave up, and one day she had an idea! She went into Saks and “by accident” dropped a bottle of one of her fragrances on the floor. The glass shattered, and the delicious aroma filled the store.
That day thousands of people asked Saks where they could buy that fragrance and the next day Saks begged Estee to allow them to carry her line. What an amazing story! And what an amazing woman! Estee reminds me so much of mommy because mommy never gives up either. She never allows anyone to tell her no and she raised me with the same beliefs. So in honor of Estee, and mommy, I’m giving away a bottle of mommy's favorite Estee fragrance, Beautiful.

Photobucket

Just send an email to Beautylogicblog@yahoo.com with the subject, “DE, I am making all my dreams come true. Send me Beautiful."Winner gets announced on Monday September 29, 2008.

I also want to remind you to please never listen to those who tell you that you can’t do something. You can do anything and everything you put your mind to! Never give up on your dreams; I’ve never given up on mine.




life is so random.

How are you following your dreams?

Do you have an inspirational story for us?

Have a great weekend loves!

Hugs,

DE

10 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow that's such a great story :) talk about a great experience you had!

Wes said...

Wow... This was such an inspirational post, I love it! oh and btw- you AND your hair both look gorgeous!

the beautynista said...

ditto Wes....very inspirational! Did u guys c the Coco Chanel movie????? Her persitence and work ethic was crazy too!!!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen your pic before, you're lovely!
Estee Lauder Beautiful was my first ever perfume and it was given to me as a gift by my mom.

Product Junkie Diva said...

I would say that I am following my dreams. Great post and you are doing a great job over here.
PJD

Luxe Tips said...

My mom too is an Estee Lauder fanatic! She buys every frangrance Estee Lauder releases. Do you remember the Estee Lauder powder with the powder pouff? It was her favorite and I always would sneak and wear it!

This story was so inspirational. I am trying my best to live out my dreams: being a wonderful mommy, wife, lawyer, and beauty editor. It is overwhelming but I want to be a success so I work hard! Hopefully one day, my only job will be writing..I absolutely love it!

Calming Corners said...

AWWWWW what a great post, and your pics are adorable. Yes I am following my dreams, it is hard but I know staying true and consistent they will come true!

Thanks for an amazing post!!!

xo,
CC

Phyllis Bourne said...

You are simply gorgeous! Love the photos!

And thanks for sharing Estee's inspirational story.

I wore Beautiful for over a decade. Don't wear it so much anymore, but still love it.

Mischo Beauty said...

One word: WOW!

The world is your oyster and the sky is the limit! I can't wait to see you at the top! :)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

You're hair is gorgeous!!!!

Fantastic post!! I never knew Estee Lauder's story. Thanks so much for sharing this very inspirational post!!

Oh I feel that I am following my dreams. :-)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...